Is Nintendo's "Onli...

Notifications
Clear all

Is Nintendo's "Online Service" Really Even Worth It?  

RSS

James Ferguson (JimHere93)
(@jimhere93)
Member Moderator
August 25, 2020 12:39 am  
wpf-cross-image

In a digital world like ours, it's really no surprise that we've found all sorts of ways to be social online. What once required an adapter or hub, is now an integrated, if not the entire purpose behind all modern-day gaming systems, from console to PC. The PC offers most mass multiplayer games that are…

Kevin May (TheCleverPotato)
(@kevmay)
Member Moderator
August 26, 2020 1:02 am  

I haven't had a lot of experience w/ Nintendo Online directly. But I can't say that there is anything about the service that has made me want to gravitate toward it. but it does allow my daughter and a couple of her friends to do some gaming online with each other on the switch, so I suppose from that standpoint, the $20 was worth it. Considering the far more limited scope of the services available versus on Xbox and PlayStation, the $20 price tag seems rather inline with what it offers. So I guess if you are looking for full service online gaming, Nintendo Online is pretty limited. It seems like Nintendo could do alot more, but they do seem to have a knack for making some strange decisions, and I dont understand why there online services are as limited as they are.

ReplyQuote
Jason Porembski (Gluten Mifflin)
(@glutenmifflin)
Member Admin
August 27, 2020 12:35 am  

You hit the nail on the head. Honestly, only reason why I pay for the service is to play the old retro games. For a few dollars a month I don’t notice the premium that I’m paying for a shoddy online service that still uses friend codes that everyone hates.

ReplyQuote
Share: