Notifications
Clear all

Xbox Series X | S pre-orders - Who was able to nab one?  

RSS

Jason Porembski (Gluten Mifflin)
(@glutenmifflin)
Member Admin
September 21, 2020 11:17 pm  

Pre-orders are coming VERY soon.  Let us know if you were able to get one and how did your experience go?

Kevin May (TheCleverPotato)
(@kevmay)
Member Moderator
September 21, 2020 11:31 pm  

Well, sure will have something to say at 8 am PST tomorrow. Between myself and my wife, hopefully one of us will get through with either Target or Newegg

ReplyQuote
(@glutenmifflin)
Member Admin
September 21, 2020 11:35 pm  

Same, I am going to have my PC (Running a network cable tonight) and my phone going.  Target and Best Buy.

ReplyQuote
(@glutenmifflin)
Member Admin
September 22, 2020 1:05 pm  

Got lucky here using Target even though I don't know it went through.  Anyone else get lucky?

ReplyQuote
(@glutenmifflin)
Member Admin
September 22, 2020 2:42 pm  

Btw, Looks like as of 2:41 pm EST, Best Buy is showing availability but it's crashing.  May get lucky with persistance.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6428324.p?skuId=6428324

ReplyQuote
Kevin May (TheCleverPotato)
(@kevmay)
Member Moderator
September 22, 2020 11:43 pm  

Yeah, no such luck. Tried Walmart, Newegg, Target, Best Buy today throughout the day. As expected, a total and epic failure. I mean, are we really surprised by that? Not in the least. I'm sure a huge share of the pre-orders went to scalpers and scammers who had ample time to prepare and setup bots, while many a legitimate buyer gets to sit it out until after the new year. We should have long since come to grips with the fact that a release date for something like this is pretty much meaningless.

Share: