Old school retro-game Missile Command has gotten a make-over and is certainly not a game to miss out on. Whether you’re a fan of the 1980’s classic or never heard of it here is your chance. Missile Command: Recharged is a “reinvention of the arcade hit, featuring a neon-lit retro aesthetic, dazzling new gameplay elements, and intuitive touch-screen controls.”
If you’re thinking another class was ruined by modernization, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Recharged is a welcomed upgrade to the classic of the 80’s. While the graphics have been retooled, its still very basic. The gameplay has been enhanced with new gameplay elements, but its still the same old fun.
Missile Command: Recharged Key New Features Include:
- Powered Up: Don’t just target missiles – take aim at all-new powerups to survive longer with defensive measures, missile speed boosts, or a screen-clearing special blast.
- Upgraded: The new powerup system takes points earned and allows them to be used to upgrade all aspects of gameplay to get an edge and achieve the highest scores.
- Shoot for the Clouds: Compete in global online leaderboards and aim to claim bragging rights as the top missile commander.
- Achievements: Better yourself with each game played and work towards besting the toughest challenges!
- Get Augmented: Use the new augmented reality feature to project your gameplay to a virtual arcade cabinet and take your missile destruction to new heights!
Missile Command: Recharged has been out since March on Apple and Android devices. Atari and Nickervision Studios has announced that it’s going to be available on May 27th on Nintendo Switch and PC. Trust me when I say don’t miss out on this classic from Atari and developer Nickervision Studios.
Missile Command: Recharged is available now on the App Store and Google Play. Check out the Missile Command: Recharged iOS launch trailer below.