It is almost September 22nd and that means we are less than 24 hours away from the Xbox Series X | S pre-orders clogging up major retailers. Unfortunately, what happened with the Sony PlayStation 5 pre-orders, the same will more than likely happen with the Xbox Series X | S. This is in spite of whatever efforts Xbox may profess it is undertaking to avoid the PS5 pre-order mess. It is going to be a mad rush to secure an Xbox all day tomorrow from all major retailers. Things to consider:
- Decide which version of the Xbox you are getting tonight, do not wait to make that decision tomorrow. It may be too late.
- Make sure you decide which retailer you are pre-ordering from and possibly choose a backup.
- Locate the product and launch pages now
- Create logins and verify accounts as needed to ensure smooth sailing and easy checkout tomorrow.
- Have multiple payment methods ready. Anything can happen, even a false fraud alert. Don’t want to miss the pre-order because you’re calling your bank.
- Don’t panic! Relax. As soon as you start panicking, you’ll type in things like Amazin.com or GestWey.com. RELAX!
Most of the retailers have launch pages already in place and presumably once the Xbox Series X | S pre-order starts, these pages will either change or point to the new pre-order page. Microsoft has announced that the Xbox Series X will cost $499 and the Xbox Series S will be $299.
Target’s Xbox Series X | S pre-orders launch page shows pre-orders will be available at 10 am Central (11 am EST, 9 am MTN, 8 am PST). The Xbox Series X and the Xbox Series S have their own product pages available but marked as Coming Soon in addition to the available accessories.
Like Target, Walmart has a launch page but no other product pages are up. Presumably, the launch change will point to the appropriate product screens when it becomes available. According to Microsoft, pre-orders will be available at the same time as Target.
Best Buy’s launch page has a quick and easy comparison chart if you haven’t decided on which version of the Xbox to get. Suggestion: Decide that tonight. Product pages are up for both the Xbox Series X and the Xbox Series S. Console pre-orders are only available online and the console will be available at launch either curbside or in-store pickup. When pre-orders will be available is not shown on the site.
GameStop isn’t showing any product pages nor show when pre-orders will be available but do have their launch page up which gives you the ability to sign up for more details.
As of this writing, the Microsoft store has a launch page for the Xbox Series X | S pre-orders. The link to take you to the individual product pages shows an error. Perhaps Microsoft is working on it now to get ready for tomorrow.
Online Only Retailers – Don’t forget them
Has their launch page ready to go and shows the standard infographic for the Xbox Series X. Product pages aren’t up just yet nor is there a confirmation as to what time pre-orders will be available.
Amazon’s Xbox Series X page is a tricky one to find but it’s there. Neither Xbox Series X nor the Xbox Series S have individual pre-order pages at the time of this writing, nor has it been confirmed when they will be available for pre-order.
Xbox Series X | S Pre-order Availability
Few retailers have confirmed when pre-orders will be available but Microsoft did confirm that in the US with the above retailers, the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S pre-orders will be available 10 am Central (11 am EST, 9 am MTN, 8 am PST). If you’re like me and screw up time zones, make sure you check out The Time Zone Calculator to be sure EXACTLY what time you need to be ready.
If you’re not from the US, don’t despair! Both units will be available for pre-order in your areas as well. According to Microsoft,
– Canada (8AM PT): Microsoft Store, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, EB Games, The Source, and other participating retailers
– UK (8AM BST): Microsoft Store, GAME, Amazon, Dixons, Currys PC World, Argos, John Lewis, Smyths Toys, VERY, AO, Tesco, Simply Game, Shopto and other participating retailers
– Australia (8AM AEST): Microsoft Store, JB Hifi, EB Games, Telstra, Harvey Norman, and other participating retailers
– New Zealand (8AM NZST): Microsoft Store, JB HiFi, EB Games, Spark, and other participating retailers
Across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, you can pre-order online starting at 9AM CEST at Microsoft Store, Amazon, MediaMarkt, GameStop, FNAC, Elkjøp/Elgiganten, and other participating retailers. Retailers and availability may differ by country.