PUBG Season 8 is coming soon and is bringing some very nice changes, especially to the jungles of Sanhok. This map has been redesigned from the ground up with incredible graphics, redesigned locations and new locations like the new tourist town “Getaway,” and bootcamp “Airfield.”
Popular locations, like Boot Camp, Ruins, Pai Nan, Khao, and Quarry have been majorly updated not only visually, but for balance and performance. Check out the screenshots below of the before and after. Popular locations, such as Boot Camp, Ruins, Pai Nan, Khao, and Quarry have all received major updates.
The PUBG team didn’t stop there, and added a few more notable changes that can turn the tide of a battle quickly.
- The Loot Truck: These autonomous cargo transports are a brand-new feature that gives players an additional, albeit risky, way to gear up. Up to four trucks spawn at the start of the match in several garages around the island and drive along roads, enticing players to attack them. As these trucks take damage, they’ll drop lootable containers and continue on their way. Players persistent enough to destroy them will be rewarded with an even bigger cache of weapons and gear for your squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who take down the Loot Truck will be rewarded with fully customized weapons. For the first time ever in PUBG, players can pick-up weapons that come with pre-installed attachments and unique skins.
- Improved Jerry Cans: These explosive bundles of joy are making their revised debut. Pour gas on the ground to set a fiery trap or toss the whole thing at an enemy and light it up.
- New Ranked Season: A new Ranked season begins with Update 8.1. The season brings a much requested change to scoring, with Ranked Point acquisition now taking team placement into account. Additionally, Vikendi has been added to the Ranked map pool.
- Survivor Pass: Payback: Accompanying the latest season is the newest Survivor Pass, which gives players a large amount of new skins to earn as they explore the forgotten paradise of Sanhok.
The changes coming are quite exciting and there are a few more smaller tweaks, performance, and UI updates coming in PUBG Season 8 which can be found on the PUBG 8.1 Patch Notes on the official site. On a side note, if you haven’t played in while you may want to check it out again as there have been matchmaking changes that occurred earlier in the year that have made the game much more balanced.
PUBG Season 8 is currently on the Test Server as of July 15th with an official release to PC on July 22nd. The console release is scheduled for July 30th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Google Stadia.